ooey gooey pumpkin spiced cookies! vegan- and all the great flavors that you would expect from a cookie at this time of the year!
So...another pumpkin recipe! I know I've been using a lot of "spice" recipes lately but how can I resist... this time of year I crave spices like I crave chocolate... I think it's something in the air... the smell of fall just makes me want my house to smell all warmy and cozy and spiced! 😉 and the leaves that are slowly starting to change colors... it's just the best! I love the color of fall leaves they are just so beautiful!
anywayzzz these cookies were a little bit of pain in the you know what to picture... we haven't had very many sunny days lately but luckily the next day after making these we had some sun (the first set of pictures were trash-o-la) ... I live in MN, does anyone else live where the sun is starting to be uh less bright?
If you love ooey gooey cookies combined with the fall baking spices AND chocolate then you have found the cookie for you! These cookies are vegan, spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and clove! They are so gooey and moist inside with a little bit of chewy-ness along the edges, they are a perfect flavor texture combo!
I am totally a cookie girl... I don't think I have ever met a cookie that I didn't like! cookies have always been my thang for as long as I can remember... I try not to make them toooo often because I will keep eating them non-stop like a munching cookie monster! (anyone else like that? purposely don't make your fav's cause you'll eat them all?) COOKIES ARE MY WEAKNESS! 😉 These Pumpkin Spice cookies are sure to please anyone who tastes them 😉
(See note in recipe about this picture)
try this and let me know what ya thought!
dont forget to follow us on:
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
hope ya'll have a beautiful weekend!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 22 1x
- Category: cookies
- ¾ cup of vegan butter (1 ½ sticks) (earth balance)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 ½ tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin (plain can pumpkin)
- ¾ tsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups plus 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ t baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp clove
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven at 370
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 minute
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin hot water and vanilla and mix
- Next add your flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg,and clove and mix
- Add your chocolate chips and fold them in
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (it can be made in advance and sit in the fridge overnight just take it out 10 minutes before your ready so it can soften enough)
- Roll into balls (see picture you will rolls into balls stacked 2 high and smushed down a little, this is so they don't get flat like a cracker in the oven, it helps keep some volume into the cookie)
- Bake for 13-14 minutes careful not the over bake them or they will get crunchy, take them out even if they don't seem done because they will continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes while cooling on the cookie sheet.
they spread a lot and need plenty of room when baking so I suggest only putting 8 per cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each one, my first batch all spread into each other when I put 12 on the sheet so I strongly recommend only 8 cookies per sheet.
Also note that in the picture it's not just 2 balls stacked on top each other they are also slightly smushed down, if you skip pushing them down they might just fall
could also sub Gluten Free flour if you would like it to be GF